Tuesday, July 6, 2010

small reminders of Truth...

These past 6 months have definitely been interesting and not at all what I would have thought my life would have looked like.  Even through that, I have certainly been blessed in different ways and the Lord has shown His sovereignty when I of course stupidly thought my plan would be better.  The other day He granted me a small reminder that I need to keep holding fast to HIS plan and trusting in Him by catching my attention to a book that I keep on my nightstand table.  This is a book that my fantastic mom gave me a couple of years ago that is full of nuggets of Truth written by Charles Swindoll meant for a nightly-type thing.  I don't use it daily anymore but decided to keep it by my bed to pick it up every now and again to read a quick little nugget... which is what I did the other day. 

It led me to Proverbs 3:3.  Now this is really cool to me because my life verse for the past couple of years has been Proverbs 3:5-6.  I have really clung to those verses ever since I really decided to give my all to Christ again and hand my life over to Him after living selfishly through high school and the first 2 years of college.  (Can I just say that has been 5 years ago... HOLLA!!!)  Anyway... another one of my tangents... so of course I'm super familar with verses 5 & 6 but this led me to 3 & 4 which was SO good for me right now.

3 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;


bind them around your neck;


write them on the tablet of your heart.


4 So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.

I immediately went and looked up steadfast and forsake because I'm sorry, but those just aren't words I use everyday.  The words that really jumped out at me for steadfast was UNWAVERING.  The ones for forsake was ABANDON or LEAVE.  Those words are so strong and bold.  It is so important that it should be bound around our necks and written on our hearts. 

I think so often in these past 6 months, you could definitely not describe my faithfulness as unwavering or steadfast.  A better word would probably be wishy-washy or dinky.  I so desire to have that steadfast and unwavering faithfulness and love that does not leave or abandon.  I absolutely love the visuals that the Scripture then gives of binding it around your neck and writing it on the tablet of your heart.  I don't know if it is because I have become a children's ministry person and that has CRAFT painted all over it with some glitter, but I seriously do love being able to visualize it in my mind so I am constantly reminded that the Lord is in complete control of my life and I need to have absolute faith in Him and in His will.

I still don't know where my life is going and what the Lord is doing, but I am holding strong to the fact that He has me right where He wants me. 

1 comment:

Jen-Jen said...

love you and love this post :-) i can't wait to see what God has in store for you next!!! maybe it will be moving in with me and ryan.. .a girl can dream! haha