Thursday, October 14, 2010

the car is parked...

So obviously the theme of my life this past month is getting in my car and driving south every single weekend.  Well the weekend is upon us and it's the first time in five weeks that I will not be doing that exact thing.  This makes me relieved and excited for many different reasons that I will list out here (mainly because I'm too exhausted to not do a listing post).
  1. I had a dream (that I will deem a nightmare) the other night that for some reason that randomly popped up, I had to go to Houston again this weekend.  When it starts to jack with your sleeping, you know it's not good.
  2. I'm pretty sure my car would not be able to handle it.  Ever since THE accident, I have driven precious little Solara that was so graciously donated to me from the sister and bro-in-law.  A little history on Solara?  She was my mom's car before she was my sister's (which was back in the high school days)... so needless to say, homechick has been in the family for a while.  She deserves a break.. I'm going to need her to not explode spontaneously from overuse.
  3. My laundry.  It's gotten a little out of control to the point that last weekend I actually packed dirty clothes just to do a load of laundry once I reached Houston.  That may be TMI, but just being real with you.  It is time to do some catch-up.
  4. I miss what Fort Worth looks like on a Friday and Saturday.  Ok so that's a little dramatic, but there is some fun stuff going on in the metroplex and I need to not miss it.  I like to be hip with the hop and missing out on things bums me out.  Luckily the state fair goes on for an eternity, so that will not be missed as of this Saturday.  Thank you, Big Tex for sticking around for me.
  5. My cute polka dot matching bags are kind of on their last leg.  I feel like they're breathing a sigh of relief at the ability to stay up in their cozy little spot at the top of the closet this weekend.  I shall let them rest in hopes they'll come out looking brand-new in time for Thanksgiving.
  6. I love my bed.  So if you have ever stayed at my sister's, then you know you are not going without comfort by sleeping in her guest room.  But there's just something about your own bed and your own bathroom and your own everything.  That you just love.
  7. Doing absolutely nothing.  Having no plans.  Laying around on my sectional.  Glorious.
  8. Gas is not free.  I'm not sure if anyone else realizes this, but when you have to purchase that much gasoline in that short amount of time... the realization certainly sets in on a deeper level.
  9. I have done my duty.  Four weekends in a row should prove to anyone that would love to give me an excuse for why they cannot visit me in Fort Worth for one single weekend that an excuse is just that... an excuse.  If I can do it for four weekends, they can do it for one.  So I am challenging all of them.  YOUR TURN.
  10. I'm tired of driving.  Especially by myself.  After the second time, it gets pretty boring.
So with all of that said, I am going to enjoy my weekend in FW to the fullest.  Whether that is laying on my sectional to hanging out with friends to living it up at the state fair... as long as it is here, I don't care.

No comments: