Friday, December 3, 2010

reflections...

Since we have just celebrated Thanksgiving, it is of course very common to reflect on what you are most thankful for.  Over this past week, I've really taken the opportunity to think over my life and this past year to count my many blessings. 

Nothing about my life right now meets the world's standards.  I am a 25 year old girl that is single and has a part-time job in ministry surrounded by families.  According to the world, I should either be career-driven or family-driven.  My statistics show I'm neither. 

I've got to say that this has probably been one of the weirdest years of my life.  I've been stretched and changed... hopefully for the better.  I've been forced out of my element and challenged to think outside of the box pertaining my expectations of my life.  I feel like I've come so far in these twelve months, but I know that I have so much further to go.  The Lord certainly has been gracious and merciful to me throughout the entire process... especially through my doubts and questionings.  Following hard after Him this year has been at times just that... hard.  But time after time He would remind me of His amazing love by granting me my own personal moments with Him to let me know that this path is all worth it.         

I still don't know where I'm going.  And honestly I feel like I know less of that than I knew before.  But I think the Lord is breaking me of the world's standards of myself so I can find myself in Him rather than the world.  And honestly, finding myself in God's plan rather than fitting God into my plan has been so much sweeter.


Thank you Lord for your patience with me.  I know that I am selfish in my plans and my flesh is weak, but you are strong and sovereign.  Thank you for loving me and showing me your wisdom and guidance in my life.  I want YOUR name to be written all over my life, Lord. 

2 comments:

Lindsee said...

I love you, my friend. And I'm believing God with you for good things in store!

Shannon said...

Raven, you just COMPLETELY summed up my last year and where I am now too! I'm so thankful God is allowing us to get to know each other better. You are a joy!