Monday, April 5, 2010

gotta love some holiday fun...

I absolutely love holidays.  This could be because I just love any reason to celebrate.  I love buying ridiculous decorations.  I love being able to see family that I don't usually get to see as often as I'd like.  I love all the yummy food or candy that usually gets packaged in holiday colors.  (Major love to Reese's eggs!)  I love the reason of the holiday (most of them anyway... still don't really understand Arbor Day).  More than anything though, I think I love the traditions of holidays... may they be old or new. 

Take Easter for example:
When my sister and I were young, my parents would take us around town to find the absolute cutest flowers we could find and let us pick them (with the exception of Bluebonnets and Indian paintbrushes, of course).  We would get a huge assortment and take them back home.  We then proceeded to make our own individual "nest" of pretty flowers.  After we were proud of our masterpieces, we would go to bed and awake the next morning to our Easter baskets being perfectly placed on our flower nests.  Oh that smart Easter bunny... always knowing who's was who.  It was a super fun tradition that my sister and I absolutely loved but obviously don't take a part of anymore... but it will definitely be fun to pass on to our own kids one day. 

This year my sister and I decided to mix it up a little and do something a little different.  Granted, I'm not saying that it's going to be a tradition by any means.  It definitely isn't as sweet as the flower nest but it certainly made us laugh a whole lot more!

We made a.....
BUNNY CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsee Lou said...

Y'all are adorable! And that cake looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Loving your blog! The shout out to your sister was the sweetest, most hilarious ever!

seriously laughing,

Amanda