Tuesday, March 30, 2010

major shout-out action...

Today is March 30, 2010... also known as my older sister Ashley's 27th birthday.  This is a girl that believes in "month birthdays" so this is also the 30th day she has celebrated her birthday.  She received the nickname "Princess" at a young age and has lived it out to the fullest ever since.  In spirit of going big or going home for her birthday, I will now give a list of 27 reasons why I think she is the most absolute fantastic sister and best friend ever.

1. She decided on day one of my life that she loved me and wanted to be the best big sister ever.  Even when I went through a phase of biting ONLY her, she still refused to bite me back or be mad.
2. We shared a room when we were little and played a flashlight game every night before we went to bed.  (Our dad's a fireman.. flashlights by the bed are MANDATORY.)
3. We tried to figure out the absolute most you could love someone and told each other that every single night... whoever said it first won.  It went a little something like this... "I love you more than infiniti universes could fill." 
4. When I was little, everything she played or did was instantly cool.  I wanted to be just like her.
5. She was very intuitive to this and would tell me which toys were "cool" so I'd want to play with them which left her the ACTUAL "cool" toys left to play with.  (Big sisters have to teach little sisters manipulation some way.)
6. We played Barbies together in our own fantastic Barbieland until a very embarrassing age.  It was our secret.
7. She finally moved out of the room with me to the room upstairs which was a very big deal.  My mom bought us intercoms to put by our beds so we could still talk every night.
8. We made a lot of fun home videos which consisted of talk shows and music videos.  She was obviously Mariah Carey and I was her fantastic back-up dancer.
9. When I went through a phase where I took arguments to the extreme of slapping, she rarely ever slapped back.  This could be either because she was terrified or just a fantastic person.  (And apparently I was always kind of violent...)
10. All of my friends thought she was the coolest ever.  This of course made me cooler.
11. She never went through a phase where she thought she was too cool to hang out with me. 
12. Poor thing was never very good at hiding her diary... always giving me something to do when she wasn't home.
13. We've always been able to share clothes and shoes... even today.  Gotta love that.
14. She drove me to and from high school for my freshman and sophomore year... and of course made sure I had a great very first day of high school.
15. She helped me get a headstart on my clerical skills at a young age as I took messages for all the boys that would call for her... and she wouldn't even care if I tortured them a little.
16. When I was old enough to get a boyfriend, we double dated. 
17. Our bond grew even deeper to know that we would always have each other's backs no matter what... and would take each other's secrets to the grave.
18. She got her cosmetology license so she began cutting and coloring my hair for FREE.  I always knew allowing her to chop off our Barbie's hair would pay up eventually.
19. She made the fantastic decision of going to a college only 20 minutes away... allowing me to visit as much as I possibly wanted.
20. When it was my turn to go to college, she transferred and we both went to Sam Houston State... which resulted us in being able to live together again.
21. Somewhere along the way, she became a second mother to me and always made sure that I was taken care of.
22. We even took a Biology class together in college.  I went to my lab on Monday and she took my answers to her lab on Thursday.
23. She has always made sure that I approved of her boyfriends.  Once I didn't, he was outta there.
24. We became very dependent on one another for decisions.  It got to the point of texting pictures to one another before making any kind of clothes/shoes/purse purchase.
25. She gave me the honor of being her Maid of Honor on the biggest day of her life, marrying my fantastic brother-in-law. 
26. Even though we've lived about 4 hours away from each other for over 2 years now, we still talk practically everyday and know everything that's going on in each other's lives.
27. I know without a doubt that she will be my very best friend until the end.








Happy Birthday Sissy!  I love you more than infiniti universes could fill!!!

No comments: