Thursday, June 3, 2010

a not so quick game of catch-up...

It is super obvious that I have not posted in a while and this is because I have actually been out doing things with my life which has not been something that I have been doing as of late, so I will tell you about those fun things now in a fun post of CATCH-UP!

But first things first, today is one of my greatest friend's birthdays... my sweet Linds!  When I tell you that this girl was an absolute Godsend in my life, it is NO lie.  I met her the beginning of my junior year of college (which is slowly getting further and further away... weird) and it was right about the time that I was trying to get my life right with the Lord.  I had just joined Sigma Phi Lambda and this girl was right there ready to greet me and love on me... and thank goodness she was because pretty sure I probably looked like a deer stuck in headlights!  After many sorority meetings, retreats, prayer partner meet-ups, sleepovers, hang-outs, story time, capri suns in the face, and endless chats... this girl truly turned into a soul sister that I knew would be in my life forever.  Even after we both went our seperate ways after college and miles continue to keep us distant, it is so crazy how similar our lives continue to stay and we are always able to pick right up where we left off.  I have absolutely loved knowing you these past 5 years of my life and can't wait to see where our crazy lives are going next!  Here's to turning 25 in the fantastic month of June!!  I love you honey!


It's absolutely official.  As much as I have tried the whole denial thing and I won't get into a huge thing here because I'm pretty sure I probably will do that more later, the Jaspers are about to pack up and move south.  They had a 'farewell' dinner at one of their Fort Worth restaurant faves to commemorate the big event and we even celebrated with a cookie cake.  Katie and I took this opportunity to express how we felt about this whole ordeal and had the cookie cake lady write our catch phrase from one of our favorite shows One Tree Hill.  "PEOPLE ALWAYS LEAVE."  I don't think we could have expressed it better than that little green sign did for us.  I hate to see them go and I wish they didn't have to but I'll choose to act grown-up right now and not throw a fit on the blog.  Only in the privacy of my own home where I don't have the audience of the internet.



So kindergarten has wrapped up and they have graduated... tear.  We had a sweet little ceremony for them and they all stood up and said what they wanted to be when they grow up and also their favorite thing about this year.  Of course it's always super precious when they say their teachers or spending time with us.  I have absolutely loved being able to get to know each and every one of them and they have all blessed my heart in their own special way.  I definitely teared up on the last day and I am so super proud of them all moving up to first grade but will of course miss all of them.  I am excited about getting to still see some of them that will be doing the summer program though.  Thank goodness... I've never been good at good-byes!

(There are not pictures to post of the kindergarteners here... just imagine 11 adorable little people here!)

It just so happened that on the last night that Jen, Katie, and I were all in Fort Worth, we just so happened to have gotten Jen tickets for her birthday to the musical Wicked!  It was the absolute best girls' night out ever to end on.  We immediately all got adorable, headed over to Dallas, ate some delicious sushi at Kona Grill, and then headed to see the show!  It was all our first time to see the musical and it was absolutely A-MAZ-ING.  When I say it was the absolute best thing we could have done on Jen's last night in town, believe me.  Because I'm telling you the truth.  Loved it.  And who knew the girl had never been to a Broadway musical.  The night was PERFECTION.



Memorial Weekend 2010 occurred for me in Houston, TX at the McCrary's house which is my sister and brother-in-law's.  This is going to happen fast people so listen up (or else it would be it's whole other post).  This included watching Sex & The City 2 with the sissy... waking up at 5:45 am for a 5k walk for Astros Race for the Pennant... visiting family members... the bro-in-law taking photos of the mom, sissy, and I... discovering and falling in love with the show Modern Family... catching up on all of the Grey's Anatomy and watching the most intense finale of all time that I have avoided all convo of for forever... and absolutely living in the pool for an entire day and grilling out with their entire neighborhood.  I was exhausted after vaca at the McCrary's but I absolutely loved it.  They rock.



If you are even still reading this, go ahead and pat yourself on the back.  You deserve it.  And go ahead and leave a comment because let's be honest... I probably have no idea that you even read this.  And I would love to know that any single soul does!

2 comments:

Lindsee said...

Well, I for one read your blog and of course, LOVE IT! Thank you for your sweet words. Makes my heart so happy! I'm sad you can't come this weekend but I know you are going to kick that test in the butt. You rule! I love you!

Anonymous said...

YAY the McCrarys made your blog! Love you sissy!

-Ashley