Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ridiculous random ramblings...

I have not posted in a while so I have decided to come at you in another one of my random lists full of things that I feel the need to share at the moment... whether or not they may have anything to do with anything (hence the name random).  So here we go.
  • In less than a week, I turn 25.  That's a quarter of a century old, people.  In the words of one of my kindergarteners, "WHOAAAA!"  Not cool.  Go ahead and guess about how I'm dealing with this issue.
  • My roommate and I are both hitting this milestone together so we are grabbing some girls and heading to the river this weekend to celebrate.  I can not tell you how flippen excited I am about this.  I absolutely LOVE girls weekends... especially with some of my best friends and especially out of town.  Talk about making lemonade out of lemons!
  • This week is SUMMER BLAST! camp for my church which is the kids' camp for all of the elementary aged kids.  Here's a quick synopsis of camp: OUTSIDE. Music. Games. Bible Story. HEAT. Lunch. Crafts. Swimming. Free Time. SUN. Popsicles. And then their parents pick them up... you guessed it... outside.  Absolutely love it and can not believe that this is my third year to do it.  For the past 2 years I have had boys and this year I have 1st grade girls.  It's their first year at camp and they're girls.  Talk about a major change of what I'm used to and talk about a breeze.  It's amazing.  Instead of tracking down kids half the time, these girls never leave our sight.  Plus half of these girls have been in my kindergarten class.  They're kind of like my crew.  I figure they're either going to absolutely love me or be sick of me by the end of this summer!
  • TV, TV, TV.  Oh how things have changed, dear friends.  First we got a digital converter but then our world got super fancy when my roommate got a new flat screen tv for her birthday.  Just kind of have to disregard the fact that we're still keepin it real with the bunny ears coming out the back of the fancy tv.  Hey we still don't deserve cable and that's that.  No fancy flat screen can come in and confuse us... even though it almost did.  It seems to think it deserves cable and DVR and movie channels and all of these other fancy things.... but of course that's just the fancy TV talking.
  • So on this new hot commodity of ours, we've been watching the first season of Melrose Place.  Oh yeah, that's right.  I'm talking the OLD SCHOOL Melrose Place.  Not all of this new stuff with Ashlee Simpson and blah, blah, blah.  I'm talking throwback 90's with the hair and the outfits and how it was considered super risque but yet the character that is homosexual is only actually alluded to that for like the first 10 episodes.  But then again, we have to remember that is pretty risque for that time.
  • I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the World Cup, what it is, how long it lasts, and what it is all about.  All I know about it is when people randomly write things about it on their status updates for facebook.  And honestly, I couldn't care less.  I kind of wish it would end so people would quit talking about it.  Is that rude?
  • I LOVE pedicures.  They are one of my biggest guilty pleasures.  Honestly I don't even know if I would call them a guilty pleasure because I don't feel super guilty getting one because I love them so much.  It's to the extent of once they start, it makes me a little sad because I know that I need to wait an appropriate amount of time before I am able to come back and get another one.  Maybe obsessed is a better word than love.
  • So I'm pretty sure a high school counselor may or may not have 'flirted' with me this week.  I'm going to use that term loosely because I don't want to assume anything of course but it definitely threw me back to those awkward days of flirting where the boy is completely stupid (not that they ever get a whole lot brighter).  I'm talking like rubbing his gross sweat on me, asking me to put a ponytail in his hair, dunking me in the pool repeatedly, etc. which is just super uncomfortable considering.  I mean come on Mr... do you not realize how old I am!  Definitely weirded me out a bit and I think my campers as well (which was shown by them swimming away as he dunked me).  The most hilarious part about it all is that as he attempts to dunk me AGAIN today in the pool, I had to adamantly tell him no since I am trying to play with my girls.  So as he is trying to get his flirt on, I had to discipline him.  If that doesn't remind him I'm an adult, I don't know what does.
  • I just learned how to appropriately model a bikini on America's Top Model.  Interesting.  It's all about pushing out the chest area, rear area, and something about 'barbie toes.'  Who would have ever guessed such a profound revelation.  Now I know what to do when someone pulls out a camera the next time I am lounging in my bikini.  (Insert laughter here... like I would seriously ever let that happen.)  And now I also remember why I don't watch this show frequently.
Ok well on that note, I think I will end this post before it gets even more ridiculous.  I think I should apologize for the ridiculousness that you just had to endure and thank you if you did actually endure it.  That is all I will torture you with for now. 

No comments: