Thursday, February 17, 2011

i love you valentine's day...

It's no secret that I'm a single girl.  And obviously this past Monday was Valentine's Day.  Which could result in a recipe for being a distraught mess.  But luckily I am an absolute sucker for all holidays period so no bitterness here.  (And it definitely helps that my favorite color is pink and I'm pretty much obsessed with chocolate... how in the world could I hate this day?)  So as I noticed that some people would try to gracefully skip over asking me what I was doing to celebrate this day full of love, I decided that I would share what exactly that looks like...

First of all... DUH we had to have a party.  We invited some of our favorite girls over and threw ourselves a night of a ridiculous amount of delicious sweet treats, punch, wine, and girl talk galore!  Much laughter was had all night long... especially with random conversations provoked by a love themed truth or dare deck of cards.  It was an absolutely hilarious girls night in full of friends that I truly treasure all of their friendships.  Even though we may all be in different stages of life, I know that the Lord has placed them in my life to challenge and encourage me in this season.  And also, what better way than to see them do those future seasons well before I get there?!  Seriously love them.  And complete picture fail on that night which is about the saddest story ever.

Sunday morning was so sweet to find some delicious treats from some of my fantastic people that work with me and some of my super fantastic families.  I can honestly tell you that receiving homemade cards from precious little kiddos NEVER gets old.  Pretty much love being able to put up the new ones in place of the old ones for that season in my cube.  Adorable.

On the actual Valentine's Day, the roommate and I decided that it was only fitting that we skirt out a little early.  I headed on home and found a sweet little giftbag from her waiting on the table with this in it...

Could she be a better Valentine?  I think not.  We then headed to AT&T because I had decided to buy myself my very own Valentine's gift.  That's right... I've converted to the cult. 

Not only that, but I've committed to a new metroplex number.  I feel like a new person.  It made me a little anxious but also felt a little freeing. 

After that, we headed to Chuy's and met with a girl that works with the roomie for a Valentine's dinner.  We were running late due to my Valentine's gift to myself so poor girl had been waiting on us alone.  The whole Chuy's staff had corralled around her and become her instant friend... thus, giving us the hardest time when we showed up for leaving her waiting on Valentine's day (OF ALL DAYS).  We laughed and talked and ate and had good times.  After a couple of hours, we headed our separate ways.

The roommate and I then changed into comfy clothes and headed to another friend's to watch one of our all-time favorite shows... The Bachelor.  What better show to watch on the day of love than the one where they are pursuing it to the ends of the earth?  In the most dramatic way ever?  LOVE IT.  We eat it up like flippin candy. 

So that my friends, is what my Valentine's Day looks like.  I showed up the next morning to work to also find out I had won the Valentine's Day contest at work to be granted another box of candy of my choice.  I've had so many sweet treats that they are coming out of my ears.  I feel like this holiday was more ridiculous for me than Christmas this year.  Desserts are my downfall so I'm glad to see them go as much as I love them.

Farewell Valentine's Day... until next year.

No comments: