Monday, February 28, 2011

monday musings...

1. At some point on Saturday my voice left me.  Thank you allergies.  As soon as I walked into work today, the fantastic boss asked how I was and when she heard (the lack of) voice, she immediately asked how she could help me get things done quickly so I could go home.  Blessed.  (And the fantastic reason why I'm able to be sitting here on my sectional at this moment blogging to you... because usually my Mondays are RIDICULOUS.)

2. I'm pretty much in love with the new phone (just in case you've been dying to know).  Granted I still only know about half of what the thing can do... or let's be honest, about a third... but it's pretty much A-MA-ZING.  No buyer's remorse here, ladies and gents.

3. So the sissy talked me into coming down for Houston Rodeo Cookoff and Mardi Gras Barn Bash.  These are two HUGE events that her and her crazy friends go to every year that just happened to fall on the same weekend this year.  After looking at the calendar, I made the mistake of commenting I didn't have anything going on.  BOOM... she told everyone involved I was coming.  It actually worked out fantastically because I've never been able to make Barn Bash before which is the Dad and Mary's big event of the year.. and he just celebrated a pretty big birthday.  Done and done.  From Thursday through Saturday, my life was full of... crazy friends, barbeque, fried oreos, wearing everyone else's clothes even though I had brought my own entire closet, a fancy hotel, eating lunch on the beach in the most fantastic weather ever (SHRIMP poboy at that!), the purple blonde train, my first Mardi Gras King cake, staying in the girls' Mardi Gras decorated apt, being in the Mardi Gras parade, and TONS of laughter and fun.  LOVED it.



4. It's getting pretty close to the end of the Bachelor season.  And I really have no idea who I want to win.  But I definitely have a prediction of who I think WILL win.  Chantal.  Let's get real here... she just screams future bar owner's wife.  And those other 2 don't.  This has been a weird season and I'm just not really sure how I feel about it.  DUH.. I'm super into it.  Monday is our girls night... the roommate and I get Chick-fil-a and head over to our friend's house to watch the drama go down.  And by watch, I mean scream at the TV like they can hear us.  And when we get real stressed, we eat cookies.
(By the way... this picture's outfits equals HOT STINKIN MESS.)

5. Friday the roommate is having surgery.  At 6:30 AM.  Didn't realize it was this early when she asked me to take her.  Hmmm... I predict much coffee will happen that day (courtesy of the person making me arise at that ridiculous hour of course).

6. On my drive this past weekend, I saw with my own eyes that they are now widening Highway 287.  If you're not aware, this is where my car accident occurred almost exactly 2 years ago.  I gave much praise to Jesus when I saw that construction.

7. To tweet or not to tweet?  Now that my excuse of not having internet on my phone is null and void, I can't decide.

8. Shopping for a wedding dress with a friend this weekend.  SO EXCITED.  Talk about an ultimate girls day. 


Now I must go prepare for my evening of Bachelor Brad and highly emotional girls trying to pretend to decide whether or not they should forgo their own rooms for a fantasy suite.  Hot darn... it's going to be a good night!

No comments: