Monday, September 20, 2010

down south is where I stay...

Starting this past weekend, this next month is going to be a whirlwind of traveling.  Mostly down south.  I swear it seems like those people are trying to force me to move back down there just to save on gas.  But I'm holding strong.  This past weekend began all of that craziness and let me just tell you what exactly that weekend looked like...

1. Starbucks stop for the road trip down.  This is a necessity.

2. Lunch with two of my Huntsville girls at my all-time favorite Huntsville deli.  Can we get a HOLLA for Five Loaves Deli?!  Yes, they love Jesus... yes, they have an amazing grilled chicken sandwich... yes, they serve sweet tea... yes, the place is precious.  It was the perfect place to catch up on Hannah and Heather's lives.  Love these girls and it just makes me miss living in the same town as them all the more. 

3. My Nana gave me the newest Francine Rivers book.  Have I told you how amazing my Nana is lately?  Because she's pretty much the best. 

4. Jeans shopping with Jen.  This is my favorite.  With her gone from Fort Worth now, I didn't think this would ever happen again.  But alas, there we both were in the same dressing room avoiding those crazy people that work at the Buckle.  We both walked away with a fantastic pair (pairs for some people) of jeans.  So fun.

5. Tons of shopping with the sissy.  We tend to do this often when we're together.  For the record, this shopping was for other people and food for the shower for those other people.  (Besides the one pair of jeans, of course.)

6. Dinner at Rudy's.  When my sister found out that I'd never eaten there, she almost ran 12 cars off the highway to get me there.  Although they so rudely were out of what I wanted to order, the food I did get to enjoy was absolutely delicious.  So glad that I finally got to try out the place that I hear about all the time.

7. Hanging out with the brother-in-law.  Between viewing all million of their Chicago trip pictures, thinking through his best man's speech, and chatting about his new business.. it's always good times to hang with him.  Love having a brother. 

8. Lunch with one of my high school besties.  I haven't seen her in FOR-EVER so it was so fun to be able to catch up and celebrate this next chapter in her life of welcoming a baby in the world.  So sweet.

9. Decorating and dinner with my sister's crazy friends that are now my friends.  Yup, I take ownership too.  It's always an adventure with those girls and it was fun getting to gear up for Kourt's big day together.  The first season of Glee was invited as well.

10. Baking my arm in the oven.  That's right... I made the brightest move of my life and pretty much laid my arm on one of the oven's racks.  It took Chris to make a noise before I actually made the same noise in realization that my arm should NOT be touching something that hot.  My reward for my brilliance?  TWO second degree burns.  That's the one with the fun bubbling and blistering.  Grossed out?  Yeah, me too.

11. Monkey bread with the girls.  Was it worth the damage to the arm?  I sure as heck hope they think so. 

12. Breakfast with Jen.  Do I absolutely love that she lives a subdivision over from the sissy's house?  Duh.  Am I so super glad that I got to see her twice this past weekend?  Of course.  Do I still hold bitterness towards Spring for taking her away?  YES.

13.  Kourtnie and Sean's shower!  It was the whole reason for the trip and it turned out so super cute.  I absolutely loved the fall themed shower... decked out with more fall decorations than Hobby Lobby, a cowboy boots cake, bales of hay, pumpkins, and tons of delicious food.  Loved it.  Love them.  Love the fall.

14. Clothes swapping with the sissy.  I came home with a romper.  I just like saying that word.  Not really sure how I feel about it or if it will ever make it's public debut.  Right now it's just living in the closet until I can make a final decision.

15. Starbucks stop on the long late drive back.  Duh.

All in all, a pretty fantastically fun weekend.  And now it's Monday.  Which means tomorrow is Tuesday.  Before you know it, I'll be headed back down south again.  Good times.

1 comment:

Jen-Jen said...

numbers 4 and 12 were definately my favorites :-) i for one think you need to just move down south. i know ashley will back me up on this one ;-) i am so glad i got to see you!! twice! made my life and my month of september!! can't wait to see you next weekend!! love you gorgeous friend!