Tuesday, September 28, 2010

i'm tired...

For all things insanity, it just so happened that I am traveling down to the Houston area 4 weekends in a row.  Halfway done.  All the driving makes me tired.

The air mattress my sister and I were both sleeping on Friday night decided to do the most awesome thing... deflate in the middle of the night.  If that wasn't bad enough since I may not have completely noticed it in my comatose state, my sister decides that it is necessary to loudly announce that we were now sleeping on the floor.  Thanks for the update, Ash.  Sleeping on a deflated air mattress with someone else makes me tired.

I did a lot of things packed in 2 days... drove to Galveston, hung out with family, went to the movies with the family, checked out Barnes & Noble, headed back north to meet up with my mom at my sister's, went to Fairfield to meet up with other family at a down-home cooking restaurant (that my sister swears we used to eat at all the time to which no one else remembers), go watch my godsister the Rangerette dance at their college football game, and then drive back to Fort Worth.  It may not seem like alot to you, but all of that makes me tired.

When I don't get a chance to set up all of my nursery classrooms during the week, I get to church by 7:30 am to get them all situated before we pray as a team at 8:15.  Waking up at 5:45 am after getting home late from a road trip makes me tired. 

I am currently reading Francine Rivers' new book which is absolutely fantastic.  It's a book that is worthy of the 'not able to put it down' status.  Or the 'it makes me wish I didn't have a job so I could read all day' status.  Staying up late to read makes me tired.

I was summoned to jury duty in downtown Fort Worth at the criminal justice center at 8 am on Monday... with 587 other people.  They were still short jurors even with that ridiculously large amount so we were all automatically picked.  I sat in the most massive room I've ever seen waiting for the jury bailiff to call my name for my court assignment.  Right when she did and I was about to fill out my questionnaire to report back the next day at 9 am, that particular case got cancelled.  Hallelujah.  Waking up at the butt crack of dawn to report to a jury room in the middle of downtown and listen to 588 names being called makes me tired.

We decided to throw our friend a surprise birthday party tonight.  However, communication lines were crossed and that friend apparently already had plans.  This led us to go back and forth on what Plan B should be, which resulted in us to heading to Wal-Mart at 9:30 pm to do something we could have done hours before.  Trips to the store after 9 pm make me tired.

Tuesday morning is Ladies Day Bible Study at our church and I run the childcare for that event.  Which is HUGE.  It makes me anxious in making sure all of the pieces have come together and everything is set before anyone shows up.  Getting to the church in enough time to do this on Tuesday morning makes me tired.

The aforementioned birthday party for friend is tonight at 8:45 pm.  Knowing that I am going to an event that doesn't start until that late already makes me tired.

I think I'll go rest now.

1 comment:

Sara said...

i feel you with the reading!! ive stayed up SUPER late 3 nights in a row reading a book i cant put down....this has ruined me for the week. get some rest, my friend!! :)