Wednesday, September 15, 2010

so blessed...

Yesterday was an incredibly rough day.  My mom sent me an e-mail this morning that not only encouraged me, but challenged me to really stop and looking at the blessings in my life.  As I sat there and did that this morning, I came across a lot of different thoughts of reflection...

  • I have people in my life that not only love me, but pray hard for me.
  • I have a mother that is my biggest fan and cheerleader.  I know that she will always be there to cry with me and to smile with me.
  • Not everyone gets to have their best friend as a roommate.  It's true friendship at it's finest. 
  • I get to work in an environment where everyone around me loves the Lord and wants to serve Him the best way they can.  It's an incredible place of support and love.  Let's be honest... it's not everywhere that you leave work upset and return to a desk that has a super sweet card and a cute vase of flowers.
  • I am able to have an intimate relationship with the God of the universe.  And rely on His strength and comfort daily.
  • I have family that truly knows my heart and would fight to the death for me.
  • I have been presented an opportunity to serve families and kids by loving on them and learning more about our Lord together everyday.
  • I have a sense of humor and know not to take myself too seriously.
  • God is sovereign.  Terrifyingly so, as Matt Chandler put it this past week.  Not an article of dust can move without God being in control.  How amazingly comforting.
  • We are not made to be comfortable in this world.  The Bible even says that our souls should be yearning for what is to come.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
Matthew 11:27-29

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are blessed and maybe that was what your rough day was all about...to reveal that to you! Love you lots!!!

Anonymous said...

That previous comment was from your mom. :)
(I'll get the hand of this yet.)