Wednesday, September 1, 2010

why hello there september...

It is now September 1st.  I can NOT believe it... where did the year go??  Well I have always been an avid lover of summer since it has so many of my favorite things all wrapped up in one.  There's my summer birthday, no school (which was very important since I've been a student until now), vacations, lots and lots of pool time, and all kind of fun summer events that don't usually occur during the regular year.  It's usually a bit of a sadness when it is over.  However, I've realized lately that the role of August is to come in and BLAST the heat to a ridiculous temperature to the point where I am WELCOMING the season of fall with open arms.  So although I'll miss you summer, I will not miss this August heat that I am telling myself will dissappear now that September is here.  And since my excitement for fall is slowly taking over, I am remembering all of the reasons I love this time of year and thought I would share here...

1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks.  Are you even remotely shocked that the first thing I would list is related to coffee in some way?  Although I do not get the pumpkin spice latte absolutely every single time that that I go to Starbucks while it is available, I do love to treat myself to one on a fantastic fall day.

2. Trunk or Treat.  This is the fall carnival that happens on or around Halloween at my church.  Ever since I've started at McKinney, it has always been one of my favorite events to help put together and enjoy while it is going on.  There is nothing more precious than seeing the entire church family coming together to spend time and have fun and see the adorable kid costumes.

3. Fall clothes.  Call me vain, but I do love some fall clothes.  It's the time to be able to break out the cute sweaters, light jackets, and scarves.  It's the introduction of long sleeves back into the wardrobe.  It's always fun to be able to start wearing clothes that have been sitting on the rack sadly for the past few months.  

4. Sitting outside at a restaurant/coffee shop/my own balcony.  There's a point that occurs in the summer that this just does not seem like a good idea anymore without subjecting yourself to possibly being covered by sweat by the end of whatever you're doing.  Love being able to return to that without the fear of sweat.

5. The return of the good TV shows.  After a tv show hiatus, I am always more than excited to see my faves return after the summer.  Come on Glee, Modern Family, One Tree Hill, The Office and Grey's... I'm ready for yah.

6. Fall decorations.  It's just fun to see the fall/harvest decorations that can now be put up.  Got way into it last year with pumpkins... all to see them destroyed by our boy neighbors.  Although I miss them, it will be good to be able to decorate freely this year without threat of destruction.  And I still dream of one day of actually going to a pumpkin patch.


Those are enough things for right now that I can look forward to as the days go by and the fall becomes officially here... What are some of your fall faves?   

No comments: